Training / Workshop
Next MatCalc workshop: December 14h-15th, 2017
11th MatCalc workshop and user meeting
The workshop and user meeting is aimed at bringing together MatCalc users for discussion of problems and exchange of ideas. During the two days, experienced MatCalc trainers are available to provide tips and tricks as well as worked examples. The participants are asked to provide short presentations of their experience / solutions / problems, which will serve as starting points for deeper discussion. This workshop is particularly valuable for users with a certain degree of experience, since the problems discussed will require basic skills in the use of the software as well as understanding of problems in thermodynamics and kinetics. It is likely to be of limited value for MatCalc newbies. The MatCalc workshop and user meeting is held at a time when Vienna exhibits lots of very nice Christmas markets. We are going to visit one of them in the evening ...
Training 2017: "Thermodynamic and kinetic simulations with MatCalc"
Tuesday (10:00 - 17:00)
- Introduction in MatCalc: GUI and first steps
- Theory: thermodynamic equilibrium, driving forces, databases, ...
- Practical training: How to create a workspace, simple equilibrium calculations, stepped calculations ...
- Practical training: Graphical representation of results, data export, ...
Wednesday (9:00 - 17:00)
- Scheil-Gulliver type calculations (theory and practice)
- T0- temperature (theory and practice)
- Using scripts in MatCalc (examples)
- Theory: Phase transformation and precipitation: Comparison of popular models (KJMA, parabolic growth, DICTRA, ...)
- Practice: How to set up precipitation kinetics simulations
- Theory: Introduction to the SFFK Model
Thursday (9:00 - 17:00)
- Theory: Nucleation theory and implementation into MatCalc
- Practice: Changing nucleation conditions: Ortho- / paraequilibrium nucleus composition, nucleation sites, etc.
- Theory: Treatment of interfacial energies.
- Theory and practice: Grain boundary precipitation versus random distribution: the importance of the correct diffusion field geometry
Friday (9:00 - 14:00)
- Calculation of TTP-diagrams (theory and example)
- Discussion / analysis of practical examples of users
In case of any questions simply send an email to Ernst.
Further Information for your stay in Vienna:
... hotel info...